According to the 2018 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, an estimated 1.1 million Americans have a problem with methamphetamine use meaning they experience physical withdrawal, persistent or increasing use, and failure to meet major responsibilities at work, school, or home. Methamphetamine is a powerful and addictive stimulant, but there are treatment options available.
Methamphetamine is a powerful stimulant, but there are treatment viable treatment options available for meth addiction.
According to the 2018 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, an estimated 1.1 million Americans have a problem with methamphetamine use meaning they experience physical withdrawal, persistent or increasing use, and failure to meet major responsibilities at work, school, or home. Methamphetamine is a powerful and addictive stimulant, but there are treatment options available. | buy Kamagra 50mg | buy Kamagra tablet | buy Kamagra jelly | buy Kamagra UK | "Because substance abuse and mental/behavioral health conditions are often co-occurring disorders, it is important that treatment addresses both ailments," says Dr. Lawrence Weinstein, Chief Medical Officer at the American Addiction Centers.
"The treatment options for methamphetamine addiction vary greatly depending on the severity of the addiction, but programs that include behavioral therapies such as cognitive-behavioral therapy and contingency management intervention have yielded favorable results."
Treatments for Methamphetamine Addiction
The first step in treating methamphetamine addiction is usually medical detox.
Overuse and abuse of methamphetamine increase your tolerance, which can lead to physical dependence and, upon deciding to quit, some terrible withdrawal symptoms.
For this reason, your healthcare provider will likely recommend medically-assisted detox followed by a form of
therapy. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
This type of therapy focuses on shifting behaviors to stop unhealthy patterns.CBT therapy focuses on learning new and drug-free ways to cope with stress in life.
It relies on recognizing our own personal reactions to environmental or emotional cues, stopping the negative impulsive response, and adapting with a healthy alternative.
The Matrix Model
The Matrix Model is a 16-week behavioral treatment approach for people who struggle with methamphetamine addiction.
It combines behavioral therapy with family education, counseling, a 12-step component, drug testing, and promotion of non-drug-related activities.
Contingency Management Intervention
This addiction treatment method is based on motivation through reward. "Motivational incentives are typically used for the treatment of stimulant addiction and have proven to be effective in helping people recover from methamphetamine addiction," says Dr. Weinstein.
This program, in conjunction with therapy, offers incentives in exchange for accepting treatment and maintaining abstinence.
One program that uses motivational incentives is called Motivational Incentives for Enhancing Drug Abuse Recovery (MIEDAR) and has been proven to be an effective treatment option in methamphetamine addiction recovery.
A methamphetamine relapse happens when you start using the drug after a period of staying off it—for example, after going through an addiction rehab program.
Because the effects of meth addiction are so damaging to the brain, experts agree that rehab doesn’t stop after you complete a treatment program.
Staying sober is a lifelong commitment that proves most successful when you approach it with patience, the desire to change your life, and support from family and friends.
Here, two experts give eight tips on maintaining sobriety after completing meth addiction treatment:
| buy sildenafil citrate boots | buy sildenafil citrate Ireland | buy sildenafil citrate tablets |
1. Take care of your mental health. Most people who become addicted to meth start using it to soothe the bad feelings they have from a mental illness, like ADHD, PTSD, or depression, Mark G. Koetting, Ph.D., tells viagra store. online Connect to Care. He’s an alcohol and drug counselor at Synergy Counseling Center in Missouri. A psychiatrist can figure out the right medications or types of therapy for you if you’ve also been diagnosed with a mental illness.
2. Form a relapse prevention plan. Meth users tend to take the drug to numb themselves from any hardships, explains Koetting. It helps to plan ahead in case you get tempted to start using again. “Figure out, ‘What are my high-risk people or places, situations, emotions, and how am I going to handle those now that I don’t have this drug to rely on?’” he says.
3. Join a support group. There are several options for national support groups. Koetting recommends the SMART (Self Management and Recovery Training) program. It promotes using different tools, such as role-playing and forming a hierarchy of values, to gain the skills to keep up a healthy lifestyle.
4. Include your loved ones in therapy sessions. Family therapy is generally recommended because it’s comforting and motivating to be surrounded by supportive people. Not every family member needs to be included, says R.J. García, an interventionist and therapist with the Doable Recovery Institute in Austin, Texas. Ask yourself, he says, “Is this person healthy for your recovery?”
5. Get a fresh start. If you can, relocate to another city or state, where you won’t be affiliated with or tempted by any drug-related negative influences, García says. Then, you can start to rebuild your social life. Erase contacts on your phone and send a final text saying that you’re going into treatment and this is your final communication.
| buy sildenafil tablet in the USA | buy sildenafil citrate tablets 100mg online |
6. Live in a sober living house. These houses usually consist of five to 10 people who are also in recovery, including a recovering house manager. You pay rent for a bedroom, and you’re typically required to hold a job and go to treatment, says Koetting. It’s “a really good option for people who don’t have a lot of family support or a good place to live once they get clean,” he says.
7. Seek advice. Connect with another person who’s remained sober for many years, or is also seeking support. This person can offer you guidance during tough times, experts agree. You can find them through support groups like Crystal Meth Anonymous online or by contacting a local addiction specialist.
8. Have patience. When you get sober, your brain must re-learn how to acknowledge pleasure. It can take months, and sometimes up to a year, before you feel like yourself again and enjoy activities like going out to lunch, Koetting says. That is why self-compassion is vital. “Life is going to be hard for a while,” he says. “It does get better if you can stay clean.”
Don’t Wait. Get Help Now.
Sildenafil Store | Sildenafil.store :
Sildenafil Store: buy generic Levitra | buy generic 100mg viagra online store | buy generic medicine in the USA | buy generic medicine store | buy | generic medicine store | generic medicine online | generic medicine store near me | generic medicine suppliers in USA | generic medicine UK | buy medicine in UAE | buy medicine in japan | buy medicine in wholesale | buy medicine in Singapore | buy medicine international | viagra for man | viagra for woman | viagra online store | viagra side effects | online viagra roman | online viagra south Africa | online viagra prescription | buy viagra online in south Africa | buy online medicine in south